Thursday, February 11, 2016

Visit to the Pumpkin Patch

On October 24th, we took the kids to a pumpkin patch. We didn't quite feel up to going back to the one we went to last year with Grammy and Paca and I had heard about one that was closer, so we checked that one out. Other than being a little expensive, it was a nice pumpkin patch and the kids had a lot of fun there!


Riding on the little "barrel train"




Later, we all rode a hay ride. The tractor took us down to a field of corn and we all got to pick some corn to take home with us. The kids LOVED getting to pick (and later eat) their own corn!








The kids also got some face (or arm) painting done. 


Here is our freshly picked corn. I guess one of the big problems with organic corn is that a lot of it has worms in it, and this corn was not any different. Each ear had a worm in it. After I got over being grossed out, I shucked the corn, cut off the section that had the worms and boiled them. The corn ended up being pretty good, but not as good as "Iowa grown corn".

No comments:

Post a Comment