Saturday, January 30, 2016

Duquesne Incline

After we left Phipps Conservatory, we thought it would be fun to take the kids back downtown to take them up the Duquesne Incline. Even with all of the years I lived in Pittsburgh, I don't remember ever going up the Duquesne Incline. I think that we had always ridden the Monongahela Incline before.



The view back across the Ohio River at the Science Center and Stadium. 


The kids loved going up the incline!




A beautiful view of the Point





PPG, where Grammy used to work. Cecilia calls it the "pointy building"









While I went to find a place to sit and nurse Lucas, Chad took the kids down to a little museum about the incline. They all thought it was really interesting and were really excited to see the cables that actually move the cars up and down the hill.

Grant also enjoyed seeing the incline cars up close and personal through this window.











No comments:

Post a Comment