The air was fairly smoggy when I arrived.
Approaching the downtown Pudong area, I started to see the REALLY tall buildings.
My hotel room looked out over a garden and nearby skyscrapers.
Even though the first day of the conference was over when I arrived, and the lights were getting turned off, I had to take a photo of my name on the board. :)
The hotel was gorgeous. I was on the 5th floor and the conference was right down the hallway. The hotel and the conference center shared the same building. There were even three weddings in the hotel that weekend.
My room was pretty fancy too, with one of those giant windows between the bathroom and bedroom area.
Before crashing that night, I went for an evening stroll around the riverside area. There were a bunch of restaurants, but none of them were Chinese. They had Italian, American Bistros, Mexican... but I can get that at home. :)
Finally, I went to bed (even though the downstairs neighbor was blasting dubstep and the bass was reverberating in my bed).
The next day, I would do some sightseeing and attend some conference sessions. I'll write about that later.






No comments:
Post a Comment