I saw these gorgeous, USDA prime, boneless beef short ribs at Costco, and well... I was hungry, so I impulse bought them. I wasn't exactly sure what to do, but read online that braising would work.
And Gaoder left us her crock pot, so we invited Alan, Gaoder, Johnny, Evelyn, and Shayla over for dinner at 6.
We started prepping dinner about noon, but the kids were being grumpy, so we didn't really get cooking until after 3. It wasn't until 4:20 that I realized a crock pot would take HOURS to cook the beef, so we took out the stone part, shoved it in the oven, and cranked it up to 400 degrees. By about 6:30, it looked edible, and it turned out to be quite tasty! I'd say it was more of a stew.
The recipe was onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms, 3 lbs. short ribs, garlic, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, beef broth, fresh tomatoes from their garden, dijon mustard, and a bottle and a half of Guinness.
Alan and Gaoder brought rice and apple pie, and the Marley's brought delicious cheesy potatoes.

And Gaoder left us her crock pot, so we invited Alan, Gaoder, Johnny, Evelyn, and Shayla over for dinner at 6.
We started prepping dinner about noon, but the kids were being grumpy, so we didn't really get cooking until after 3. It wasn't until 4:20 that I realized a crock pot would take HOURS to cook the beef, so we took out the stone part, shoved it in the oven, and cranked it up to 400 degrees. By about 6:30, it looked edible, and it turned out to be quite tasty! I'd say it was more of a stew.
The recipe was onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms, 3 lbs. short ribs, garlic, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, beef broth, fresh tomatoes from their garden, dijon mustard, and a bottle and a half of Guinness.
Alan and Gaoder brought rice and apple pie, and the Marley's brought delicious cheesy potatoes.
Sent from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment